Sunday, February 16, 2014

PASTA, PASTA, PASTA

February 13, 2014
Termoli, Italy

Upon visiting the town of Termoli Italy, my daughter and I enjoyed a beautiful sunny warm Spring day in February.  As it is off season the town was very quiet and most restaurants were closed.
We happened to wonder into a quaint Ristorante-Pizzeria called, LA SA CRESTIA. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who had a wonderful sense of humor, as much as we tried to communicate in English and French she tried to communicate in Italian.  We all laughed and eventually agreed on what to order.

We both ordered Linguine Alla Santa Lucia (fruit of the sea) which was an incredible dish, filled with fresh Linguine, full headed shrimp, mussels, clams, octopus and other sea delights I'm not sure of. Served in a savory butter herb sauce that was out of this world! Accompanied by two fresh red hot peppers on a plate with scissors to add as we pleased.

The main course was so amazing we decided to order dessert. Emma ordered lemon geloto and I ordered coconut geloto.  The lemon geloto arrived in large hollowed out lemon rhine with a delicate piece of chocolate placed in the middle.  Mine came in a hollowed out coconut shell with a dark rich piece of chocolate in the middle. I am a chocolate guy but decided to expand my taste buds. And believe me, I was beginning to expand! They both were amazing, If you're visiting Termoli I strongly recommend this restaurant!

PS.  As we were finishing our dessert a beautiful lady came out of the kitchen with a huge pot of steaming soup, then like scene out of an old black and white movie, the family sat down and with a large ladle, served what I'm sure was a delicious family recipe to all who were present..Hmmm I want some!  

Ciao





1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmm.... My salivary glands are stimulated. It all sounds delicious but I want some of that gelato!

    ReplyDelete